Dear NAH community,
In a recent survey, we collected your feedback for the 2022 – 2023 NAH competitive season schedule leading up to the 2023 WHBPC in France. We also met with and gathered input from the Regional Representatives. With your and the Regional Reps feedback, we’ve selected Option A, which includes the following schedule:
- NAH Regional Qualifiers will be held between Sept. 1 – Oct. 31, 2022.
- The NAHBPC will take place between April 15 – June 15, 2023.
Overall survey and Regional Rep feedback
- Most players preferred Option A (Qualifiers in the fall of 2022 and NAHBPC in the spring of 2023) because it gives players and clubs time to get back in shape, to practice, to get organized after more than a year away from competitive polo due to Covid, and to help grow new players’ skills and get them excited about playing in their Region’s qualifier in the fall.
- However, some players from Regions with snow were concerned that Option A — which would host the NAHBPC in spring— won’t give them enough time to practice or compete before they attempt to qualify for the Championship. Because of these concerns, we have extended the window for hosting the NAHBPC into mid-June, pending a search for a venue.
We will work with the Regional Reps to schedule Qualifier dates and locations for 2022 and to find a host city for the 2023 NAHBPC.
If your club is interested in hosting the NAHBPC in late Spring of 2023, please reach out to Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the possibility and to have any of your questions answered.
Coming up in the next month(s), we will send information regarding the following items:
- Regional allocation for the qualifiers to gain entry to the NAHBPC.
- More detail on how NAH plans to prioritize in-region teams and players for their local qualifier.
- We will make an official call for bids to host the NAHBPC in spring 2023.
- We will announce dates and locations for regional qualifiers as they become available.
It’s a very exciting time for bike polo in North America and we hope to be able to host many successful and exciting events this year and beyond. Most importantly,we can’t wait to see you all on the court!
For any questions regarding the NAH competitive series including the NAHBPC, please contact Mark Aseltine directly at email@example.com.
For questions regarding your Regional Qualifier please reach out to your rep directly here: https://www.nahardcourt.com/clubs/